So the whole of New Zealand is under a rain cloud today, and the next couple of days if the weather forecast is to be believed, so this is very appropriate for today’s post…
- Create an indoor hut area – either under your dining table, or move your furniture to create a space in your lounge… could also be a good way to dry those sheets that are still a bit damp and you are struggling to get dry!
- Make an indoor hopscotch mat – stretch out an old duvet cover, or sheet on the ground and using chalk or masking tape – draw out a hopscotch design on the fabric. The kids can use their soft toys to throw to each numbered square rather than a stone.
- Art with a difference. Use an old plain, coloured sheet. Hang it over a doorway, and shut the door to keep it secure. Using chalk, let the kids draw and create to their hearts content. You could also lie it out on the ground.
- Indoor Teddy-bears picnic – kids love using the real kitchen stuff from the kitchen, so empty out your plastics, your cutlery stuff, and anything else unbreakable, and let them have the best picnic with their toys.
- Create a cosy corner – using duvets, all the pillows in the house, bean-bags and anything else you can think of, make a nice cosy corner for the kids to snuggle in. Get a pile of books and some toys and leave them to it.
Even bigger kids appreciate a cosy space for the day – maybe somewhere for them to use their technology or listen to their music.
Have fun with it – and if you have any other ideas I’d love to hear them!