Yesterday was that day.
I had been pushing and pushing, learning, striving, writing, upskilling, and mentally draining myself for a couple of weeks, before I realised that I actually needed to take a wee break.
So my day included:
- an hour long yoga session
- a longer shower than normal
- time to enjoy a green smoothie
- easy grocery shopping – just fruit and veg – in an almost empty supermarket
- coffee and chats with a girlfriend
- an easy lunch of home-made salad while catching up on Facebook gossip
- a haircut and chat with my friend and hairdresser
- home with the kids after school – with no kids activities planned
It doesn’t seem like I did anything or very much at all, but it was the reinvigoration that I needed.
At this time of the year it is so easy to forget to take the time to be still, to be easy within ourselves. We feel the stress to get everything done by Christmas, to force time to slow down, or to try and cram as much as possible into a small opportunity – leaving us flustered and empty of Mum Glow.
Mum Glow needs you to nurture it, but it gives back to you so much.
Today I am –
- settled and calm
- time seems slower, or because my mind is calm I’m able to get things done efficiently and effectively without the rush that normally accompanies it.
- more aware of being present – I hadn’t even realised how I’d let the world rattle me, it happens so incrementally.
Take some time today or over the weekend, and just check in with how you are in your body – maybe you too need some Mum Glow time.