So my last post was about how “CHANGE IS HARD” (read it here) and I had a comment about what we can actually do to help keep us on our path to CHANGE.
Make a list – awesome idea – I love it! It ties in beautifully with the masculine energy of getting stuff done, and I love and excel at this.
But what do we put on the list?
This is where things can get confusing and this morning, purely by chance I watched a short clip on You Tube about the difference between ‘Important’ and ‘Urgent’ things for your list, and the chapter I read this morning in Napolean Hill’s “Think and Grow Rich” were both dealing with these kind of things.
The problem with CHANGE is that we know what we want but LIFE gets in the way. So, absolutely, we need a LIST … but what do we put on it? Put everything to start with and then I’ll help you organise it…
- Write a list
- Label each point on your list with either an “I” (Important) or “U” (Urgent) – the stuff that is needed for you to make change, the stuff that you go to bed at night thinking about, and how tomorrow is when you will start …? That’s the important stuff, the LIFE stuff that gets thrown at you is the urgent stuff.
- FYI – the urgent stuff always happens cause it has to, we always make time for it cause there’s no choice. The ‘Important‘ stuff is often left till last, cause we “can always start tomorrow”
- Re-write your ‘To-Do’ List with the ‘Important’ stuff at the top – DO THIS FIRST
This information about change, and how to succeed, is for parenting but also for that diet you wanted to start, or that fitness that was going to be your priority this year, or for streamlining your work so you can reduce your stress.
All things that will help with your parenting, and overall wellbeing.
- Writing a list is the first step
- Prioritising the list correctly is needed next
- Taking steps towards any change you want to make in your life is the ultimate goal!
If you have Parenting Goals that you want help with then get in touch for a FREE 20 minute session with me.
Just email me at email@example.com – I’ll get in touch and we’ll make a time where a phone call, or SKYPE call works for you, and discuss what you need.