Mum Glow is one of the most important things you can do for yourself and yet, it is often the first thing that we leave off the list.
You don’t need to always plan something special, or something that costs money, sometimes it is truly the little things that fill us up.
- Do you enjoy your lunch everyday? Or are you rushing it down while you still try and work at your computer?
- Do you have a ‘feel-good’ morning routine? Or do you race from the bed, to the shower, to drop kids at school without taking the time to ease into your day?
- Do you take the time to enjoy a phone conversation in the evening? Or do you hold it under your ear, while you tidy, clean, eat, or watch TV at the same time?
I too am guilty of not taking the time to enjoy the small moments in my day, to appreciate the small pleasures that really don’t take much time, but the benefits are huge.
My goals this week for my Mum Glow:
- Have my lunch outside on the deck this week
- Start my days with music – I love the soothing sounds of meditative music first thing in the morning, I don’t have to start the day with Rock Music, Radio ads, or a beeping alarm.
- When the phone rings – find a comfy spot and move away from the technology to enjoy the conversation.
Appreciate the little things, notice them, and nurture them.
What could Mum Glow mean to you this week?