Intuitive parenting is a game-changer for the modern mum, but it does have many moving parts, and there is some confusion about how to achieve it.
So, here is the break-down.
- Know your personality preferences (I can do this for you) so that you can identify your personality stress triggers and sweet spots.
- Look after yourself – by knowing your personality preferences you can keep your energy high, and you will therefore be thinking clearer around your parenting decisions.
- Know your child’s personality preferences (I can do this for you) so that you know the best way to deal with temper, behaviour, reactions, and their learning.
- Engage in some form of a relaxation technique. Yoga, breathing, meditation, meditative walking … Find your relaxing, mind clearing place and prioritise it 3 times a week minimum.
- Journaling – this can take you 5 minutes, or 30 minutes. You can just ramble out your thoughts, download the negative, or dream of the behaviors you want to cultivate. Even writing out a repetitive mantra like “I am focused on improving the positive energy in my home” day after day will focus your thoughts on what matters – this one takes 10 seconds to do every day so no excuses!
That’s all you need to do.
But … how does this make me an intuitive parent?
If you are using these 5 techniques, and utilizing the knowledge from knowing your personality and that of your child, then when there are parenting decisions to make you need to TRUST your intuition in those moments.
This is the last IMPORTANT POINT – you need to practice trusting the ‘gut instinct’, the intuitive pull to choose one response over another. You need to react to your child and make decisions based on your child, not on the behaviour. The good thing is that by using relaxation, journaling, and preserving and growing your energy it means that you will have more patience with your child. Your mind will be clearer when you need to deal with issues, and you will be more likely to take a moment to ‘feel’ what the best decision will be.
I know and understand that this can seem overwhelming, and you may not yet have the calmness in your life to know where to start, or even to know how to take a step down this path.
I can help you with this! If you feel like you need to build your intuitiveness in your parenting then get in touch and I will lead you through the above process with specific examples suited to your personality, to your family needs, as well as practical solutions for you to practice.
Also for the local mums, if you want to work through this during my Thursday night Parenting Evening then that is fine too. 7.30-9pm on every Thursday in September for $20.