It would be lovely if fun stuff always just happened with spontaneity and unexpected excitement, and sometimes it does, but not always.
Sometimes we have to plan for the fun stuff to happen, otherwise time can disappear without our knowing that we are missing out on it.
How to plan for fun:
- ask the kids (and hubby) what fun ideas they are thinking about for the holidays
- write down their ideas / tap them into the memo pad on your phone.
- explore the costs and opportunity for their ideas to happen
- and then just wait, and sit on the ideas.
- Maybe plan one a week, maybe wait for a slow time in the holidays and pick an idea.
By doing the planning for fun now, you are setting up the opportunity to make fun stuff happen with you and your kids during the holidays.