I have always believed that it is the ‘involved parent’ that helps bring success to their child’s learning. There is a lot of discussion in the media about the advantage of one school over another, and it is true that no one school necessarily fits every child, but it is never as easy as it sounds.
All schools have good teachers, all schools have a range of subjects, and all schools have great kids at them, but there is still the problem of some students not flourishing in the school system. It happens everywhere, be it academic, social, behavioural, there are issues in all schools catering to every child.
My attitude is that some learning styles require more parent involvement then others, but that it is the COMBINED effort of schools, parents and students that brings about success. No matter what the school.
The biggest problem we face as modern parents is that we don’t understand the modern education system. It’s different from when we were at school. It has a different name, it uses different models for learning, and even the modern nature of the LOOK of the classrooms is different, and therefore a little intimidating.
That is not an excuse to opt out of OUR responsibilities though!
What we’ve forgotten is that more important than the NEW MODERN ways of teaching …. It is better to focus on our child’s way of LEARNING! And luckily for us, not much has changed here. There are still only 4 learning styles that our personalities adhere to, and we all fit into one or more of these quite naturally.
My new course ” 5 Strategies to Improve Your Child’s Learning in the Classroom” is an easy step to take. Because it has only just launched it it truly at an unbelievable price and obviously won’t stay at this price forever.
- if your child has just started school, and you are confused as to how you can help them at school, this is for you.
- if your child is at college and struggling with learning in any subject or topic at all, this is for you
- if your child is distracted, unresponsive, or disruptive, I can give you some strategies to re-engage their learning
- if you just have an inkling that they may be struggling a little, or they are becoming overwhelmed, then this course will help you.
- if you want to learn some strategies for yourself in how to engage with your child in their learning then I can help you with that too.
Success comes from an involved parent, a motivated learner and good communication with your child’s school. It’s all possible, and in fact crucial to your child’s lifelong learning.