It’s a grey and foggy day today, and yet it is like every other Monday morning and extremely busy. Talking to a friend this morning though, reminded me that I still need to look after my own health and me time, even when it gets busy.
Today looks crazy with my kids commitments –
- organising for the upcoming Marae trip (this week) that all of us are attending as two kids are performing
- helping with my oldest sons class, as I teach them choreography and dance
- going to todays school assembly to watch two kids perform
- Swimming lessons for two children
- Jazz and Ballet for my daughter
It is very easy for me to slightly panic if I look too closely, and the first thing that comes off my daily to-do list is the thing that I probably need the most… stillness and meditation.
I know that with just 10 minutes of ‘stillness’ and ‘meditation’ time, I am much calmer, much more settled, and more present as a mother. And yet, when my life needs that the most, it is the first thing that I drop off the list.
Here’s my challenge to the Mum’s out there today…
– Think about the first thing that comes off your list when you get busy – and this week, try your hardest to do it anyway. Follow through with that task, that exercise, that ‘time’ even when it doesn’t seem like you have the time … you might be surprised.